‘Project Management for Business Managers’ is a uniquely brilliant 3-day project management course for those business managers who have to manage project managers, blending what you need to do to manage project managers effectively, with NLP and other people management techniques – all for only £1350 + vat.
Next available course is on 31st May – 2nd June 2017.
Special Offer – Book before 10th March 2017 for the early bird price of £1200 + vat.
‘Project Management for Business Managers’ is a uniquely brilliant project management course for those business managers who have to manage project managers – if you like, it is for line managers who are responsible for projects being delivered and who want to know what their project managers need to do! The course blends practical training on what project management is about and what you need to do to manage project managers effectively, along with NLP and people management techniques that will transform your ability to ensure projects are delivered successfully on your watch.
It is a 3-day course that provides an excellent and practical overview of project management and how to manage project managers, enabling you to:
- Agree the scope of any delivery, in terms of capability and benefits rather than functionality
- Identify exactly what your project managers need to do to deliver success for you
- Clearly communicate the project status reporting requirements so you can be sure you know what the real state of the project delivery is
- Sharpen essential people management and communication skills that will enable you to transform your performance and achieve amazing results
- Examine the reality of defining, managing and delivering a project in financial services
- Know how to track the progress of your change projects through the lifecycle and prepare the business to manage the change post-implementation
- Explore how to identify and work on your areas for improvement as a stakeholder and project management professional
- Enhance and develop your impact, credibility and gravitas as a senior business executive managing change projects as well as business as usual
- Learn new people management skills and how to apply them in your workplace
- Understand how to approach professional development and personal growth in a wholistic manner.
The Project Management for Business Managers will cover how to:
- Start-up, manage and close down a project
- Define and agree the scope and objectives of the project
- Build rapport with project managers and key resources across the organisation
- Communicate effectively at all levels
- Define the deliverables and critical success factors
- Produce and manage the project plan
- Estimate effort and resourcing levels and track earned value
- Set-up and run a workable project governance model for different size projects
- Manage risks and build mitigating actions into the plan
- Identify, track and resolve issues quickly
- Manage scope change
- Create, agree and manage the project budget and track spend
- Identify and manage dependencies across change programmes and BAU
- Ensure Key project documents are of sufficient quality and signed off
- Manage the business case and deliver the benefits
- Facilitate and run effective steering committee meetings
- Ensure quality is built in to each stage of the project lifecycle including post go-live
- Learn the lessons for next time.
Project Management for Business Managers also covers suggestions that will help you to:
- Communicate confidently and more effectively
- Build rapport and develop relationships quickly
- Use words and language to influence and motivate people with differing styles
- Build more flexibility in your own behaviour and thinking
- Create and manage resourceful states that keep you energised and motivated.
“Lyndon provided project management support for a complex, multi-stakeholder corporate strategy project…due to Lyndon’s professional and collegiate approach we were able to deliver a high-quality output in the very short time-scale available.” Strategy Director, Global Bank.
“Lyndon is an excellent consultant…making organisational changes to my new department. Lyndon brings deep knowledge of how to make change happen allied with strong interpersonal skills and a positive enthusiastic style that helps make people receptive to new ways of working. I recommend Lyndon as a project manager and as a consultant.” IT Director, Consulting firm.
Who should attend?
- Business or line managers who need to manage projects or project managers
- Managers recently promoted to a new role and who need to demonstrate their leadership ability and skill in managing change
- Managers who want to make a transition into programme and project management and get more recognition or achieve more success.
The ‘Project Management for Business Managers’ course will transform your performance as a change manager or as a business manager who has to manage project managers and is great value at £1350 +vat.
Date & Time: 31st May – 2nd June 2017, starting at 9.30am and finishing by 5.00pm.
Book now: To book this course please email email@example.com or call Lyndon Price on 07971 816 550.